Centralia Christian School (CCS) has been serving families in Lewis County, WA, for over 40 years, providing quality, Christian education.
Currently, we are recruiting a full-time School Administrator (Principal) with applications already open; this position will begin next school year, 2021-2022, though applicants who can train under our current principal starting in April 2021 are encouraged to note this on their application. The school serves approximately 200 students in preschool through 10th grade; its mission is to teach students to pursue Christ in character, academics and service.
Essential Functions of the position include:
- Maintain a supportive, Christian environment for all personnel, students and constituents;
- Utilize the talents and expertise of present staff, the Board, and the constituency in reaching decisions, executing policies and developing programs;
- Act as the advisor to the School Board and the Foundation and attend all School Board and Foundation meetings;
- Function as an advisor to all standing committees of the School Board;
- Report monthly, in writing, to the Board on the progress and problems of the school;
- Lead the Board toward developing a vision for CCS; and
- Implement the vision and goals of the School Board.
- Implement, administer and evaluate the educational programs of CCS;
- Maintain and encourage a learning environment that fosters growth, innovation, and creativity by the teaching staff; and
- Coordinate the evaluation of students and the reporting of student progress to parents.
- Supervise the daily operations of the school within Board policy;
- Recommend budget items to the School Board, assist with the development of an annual budget, and be responsible for the administration of the school’s budget;
- Direct the admissions process; and
- Supervise and coordinate the activities and programs of all extracurricular and cocurricular student activities.
- Supervise or provide for the adequate supervision of all staff members, teaching and non-teaching;
- Recruit staff and recommend approval for hiring to the Board;
- Plan and implement on-going professional development activities for staff;
- Provide for the evaluation of all personnel on a regular basis; and
- Meet weekly with staff.
- Keep the staff and school constituents informed regarding Board work and policies;
- Provide for the flow of information about the school to parents, constituents, churches, and the community;
- Foster a positive relationship between the school and its support organizations; and
- Seek to stimulate an interest in Christian education in the community.
- Notify the Board of the state of the buildings and grounds and recommend repairs and improvements; and
- Supervise the custodial care of buildings and equipment.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Board.
- A master’s degree in education, business administration or related field. At least five years of experience working in education, managing a non-profit organization or equivalent experience
- Full support of the CCS Statement of Faith
- Active participant in a local, Bible-believing church
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, parents, constituents, donors and the Board
- Ability to work with students of all ages and backgrounds
- A doctoral degree
- Experience as a school administrator
Base pay $55,000 per year. Salary negotiable dependent on qualifications.
How to apply
Submit a cover letter and resume addressed to the Screening Committee highlighting your ability to perform the job and including your educational and professional experience demonstrating how you meet the minimum and any preferred qualifications.
Application materials can be submitted electronically to email@example.com or can be mailed to P.O. Box 1209, Centralia, WA 98531.